Terms and Conditions
1. Entering an Agreement with Taylor Energy is contingent upon our technician’s inspection. An inspection must be scheduled and performed before enrolling in the Agreement. Oil filters are required on all heating systems to honor Agreement. Oil filters will be installed at an additional charge. Initial repairs required to bring the heating system to an acceptable condition are not covered. All AGREEMEllTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE RENEWED FROM YEAR TO YEAR UNLESS TERMINATED BY EITHER PARTY BY GIVING 30 OAYS WRITTEN NOTICE. WRITTEN NOTICE TO TAYLOR ENERGY MUST BE SEIHTO: P.O. BOX 348, 152 BROAD BROOK ROAD, BROAD BROOK, CT 06016. Service under any Agreement will be suspended if customers oil or service charges are not paid when due.
2. Buyer agrees to purchase all fuel requirements and remain on Automatic Delivery from Taylor Energy, unless otherwise permitted. Buyer also agrees to schedule all HVAC services related to the system from Taylor Energy. Procuring either fuel or HVAC services from any person other than our employees, or designated representative, may result in immediate termination of Agreement, and no refund is due.
3. Agreements are available for residential type systems using less than two (2) gallons of fuel oil per hour and must be in working condition prior to enrollment. Agreement does not cover pre-existing conditions. Prices for other systems are available on request.
4. Repair coverage discounts apply only to repairs and service on the existing system. Repair coverage discounts do NOT apply to system replacement. Agreements include only the repair and replacement of parts which are available through standard means, and for parts which have failed due to ordinary wear. We are not responsible for replacement parts that are obsolete or unattainable. We do not guarantee the availability of any repair or replacement part.
5. \Ve shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from the condition of customers chimneys, oil tank, or equipment not covered by this Agreement or for unoccupied homes. We shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the services performed or parts supplied under this Agreement unless the loss, damage or injury is caused directly and solely by our own negligence
6. This Agreement covers only labor and/or parts required directly on the oil/gas burner, controls, and other specified parts of the heating system. Service repairs required due to abnormal conditions such as war, fire, floods, hurricanes, strikes, water in oil, frozen lines or pipes and other acts of God; failure of purchaser to properly maintain the heating and domestic hot water heating systems; power interruptions, emergency switch in the “of f’ position, blow fuses or tripped circuit breakers; water damage; and thermostat not calling for heat will be billed at prevailing prices.
7. Eligibility for Tank Replacement Coverage iscontingent upon visual inspection by technician. Coverage available only for standard 330 or 275 aboveground tanks. Customer must make tank accessible for inspection, and make area around the tank safe for technician to access. We are NOT making any guarantees about the condition of your tank, nor the potential for a leak and subsequent damage. We are offering a long-term tank replacement program for our customers to help alleviate the costs of an oil tank replacement when required. If a tank needs replacement within the Agreement terms, Taylor Energy will replace your tank. Customer must pay for material and time for piping new tank to code.
8. Service Diagnostic Fee (“trip” or”dispatch”fee) is $89 during normal business hours and S 159 outside normal business hours. Repairs to system then billed at prevailing rates.
9. This Agreement contains the entire Agreement of the parties hereto and there are no promises, terms, conditions, or obligations other than printed herein.
10. There are no refunds under this Agreement and this Agreement will not be prorated unless your residency changes or other unforeseen conditions apply.
11. Emergency Service is defined as no heat or hot water during the heating season, serious fuel leaks or other dangerous situations. All other calls are handled during normal business hours – Monday – through Friday, 8:00AM – 4:00PM.
12. If legal action is necessary to enforce or interpret the Agreement or any of its provisions, the prevailing party shall receive its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs from the non-prevailing party.
13. Amendment and Cancellation. We may amend or change the terms of this Agreement at any time. We may amend or change the services offered as part of the Agreement at any time. You will be notified of any change in the manner provided by applicable law prior to the effective date of the change.
14. You will receive a statement with a finance charge if payment is not received within 30 days.