Troubleshoot Oil Heating Equipment
- Check that the Emergency Switch is in the “ON” position.
- Check that the boiler or furnace is turned “ON.”
- Check that your thermostat is set above room temperature.
- Check that there is oil in the tank.
- Press the red reset button on the relay ONLY ONCE!
- Check to see if flame comes on.
- If not, check to see if circuit breaker tripped, or if the fuse is blown or loose.
- If burner still fails to operate, call (860) 623-3308 immediately for service.
Not Enough Heat?
- Check that the thermostat is set above room temperature.
- Check that there isn’t a door or window left open.
- If you have central air conditioning, check that thermostat is not set for A/C.
- If you still do not have enough heat, call (860) 623-3308 for service.
What to Do If You Suspect a Propane Leak
If you smell the “rotten egg” smell and suspect a gas leak in your home, here’s what you need to do to stay safe:
- Extinguish all flames and smoking materials and get yourself and others out of the house IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT use light/electric switches, electric appliances, or your phone, as any sparks could ignite the propane.
- Go to a neighbor’s house to call Taylor Energy and 911. If the leak is coming from inside your house, our technician will perform any necessary repairs, relight your pilots, and ensure that your systems and appliances are in good working order.
- Do NOT re-enter the building until it’s deemed safe to do so by the fire department and propane dealer.
An immediate response to gas leaks is critical to ensure your safety as well as the safety of others. Take action right away if you suspect a leak in your home.
Troubleshoot A/C Equipment
Air Conditioner Not Cooling?
- Check that your thermostat is set to cool.
- Check that the filter has been changed in your air conditioning system. (ATTENTION: If you are unsure of how to do this, please call us for assistance.)
- Listen to the unit located outside your home to determine if it is operating.
- If your A/C system still isn’t providing cool air, call (860) 623-3308 for service.